Is $299 LASIK for Real?
You may have seen ads for incredibly low priced LASIK. While these offers are tempting, it’s important to know exactly what you will receive for these low prices. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Low priced LASIK is typically only available to patients who need very little vision correction (1 to 1.25 diopters), so most patients don’t qualify for the lower tier pricing.
- The center may be using older technology that will not produce the best results for your unique eyes.
- The doctors performing LASIK may be flown in from out-of-state, so you may not have access to your doctor before and/or after your procedure.
- You may be charged extra fees for services typically covered in the LASIK price.
You won’t find this at Tidewater Eye Centers. We make LASIK affordable without skimping on the quality of our doctors, our technologies or your vision outcomes. Best of all, our doctors live locally and are available to patients at any time.
By choosing Tidewater Eye Centers, we will help you achieve the best vision possible while still giving you the best value.
CareCredit® for Better Vision
When to have your vision procedure should be the question, not how to pay for it. The doctors at Tidewater Eye Centers would like to make that decision even easier for our patients. That’s why we’re pleased to offer the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading patient payment program. CareCredit lets you begin your procedure immediately — then pay for it over time with low monthly payments that fit easily into your monthly budget. Now you don’t have to save up for years to finally get the vision you’ve always wanted. We’ll help you see clearer, sooner.
Like a Credit Card, but Better
CareCredit cards work just like a regular credit card, but is exclusive for healthcare services. CareCredit offers low monthly payment plans for healthcare procedures not commonly covered by insurance, including LASIK and advanced lens implants. Don’t put off improving your vision. Get your procedure now.
For Vision Procedures, CareCredit Offers:
- Low minimum monthly payments
- No-interest financing if paid within 24 months (Additional plans may be available)
- No up-front costs, pre-payment penalties or annual fees
Learn more by visiting CareCredit.com or contacting our office. Ready to apply? Apply online for your CareCredit® card today. You’ll be seeing clearer in no time.
No Interest if Paid in Full within 24 Months
On purchases of $300 or more with your CareCredit card, interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional balance, including optional charges, is not paid in full within 24 months or if you make a late payment. Minimum Monthly Payments Required.
Valid on CareCredit account. A minimum purchase amount may be required for promotional plans longer than 6 months in duration. On promo purchase balance, monthly payments required, but no Finance Charges will be assessed if (1) promo purchase balance paid in full in X months, and (2) all minimum monthly payments on account paid when due. Otherwise, promo may be terminated and treated as a non-promo balance. Finance Charges will be accrued at the Purchase APR and assessed from purchase date. Standard terms apply to non-promo purchase and optional charges. Promo purchases on existing accounts may not receive full benefit of promo terms, including reduced APR if applicable, if account is subject to penalty APR. Payments over the minimum will be applied as required by applicable law. As of 2/1/10, APR 24.99% & on all accounts in default, Penalty APR: 29.99%. Minimum Finance Charge $2.00. Subject to approval by GE Money Bank.
Choosing the Right LASIK Surgeon
The decision to have LASIK takes time and research. You can consult the internet and get feedback from others who have had LASIK, but ultimately only you can decide if you are ready to move forward.
The most important decision is choosing the right surgeon. By scheduling a LASIK Consultation, you can ask interview questions, make sure you feel a good rapport with the doctor and make sure you are putting the best possible professional in your corner.
Below are some questions you should ask your LASIK provider. If you do not receive acceptable answers, it is best to continue researching other providers.
- What professional organizations are you certified by and what organizations do you belong to?
- What specific training do you have in LASIK surgery?
- How many years of LASIK surgery experience do you have?
- How many LASIK procedures have you performed?
- What is your success rate or complication rate?
- Do you have a list of patient testimonials you can share?
- Do you offer LASIK alternatives?
- Do you perform free LASIK Consultations to make sure my eyes are right for LASIK?
- Where do you perform LASIK?
- What are your prices for LASIK? What do those prices include or exclude?
- What are your billing policies?
- Do you offer LASIK financing?
- Will you be available if I have any questions before or after the procedure?