Reasons for Abnormal Eyelashes
- Eyelashes that curve inward (trichiasis)
- Inward-turned eyelid (entropion)
- Inflammation of the oil glands (blepharitis)
- Excessive lash growth (trichomegaly)
- Extra layer of eyelashes (distichiasis)
Treatment for Abnormal Eyelashes
Some eyelash problems may correct themselves; you may also be able to easily remove a wayward eyelash. However, more serious conditions that are affecting your vision or causing discomfort may require electrolysis treatment or eyelid surgery. The only way to know what treatment will be right for you is to schedule an eye exam with our eyelash doctors.
If you are experiencing discomfort due to an abnormal eyelash condition, contact our office today to schedule an eye exam.