Is $299 LASIK for Real?
You may have seen ads for incredibly low priced LASIK. While these offers are tempting, it’s important to know exactly what you will receive for these low prices. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Low priced LASIK is typically only available to patients who need very little vision correction (1 to 1.25 diopters), so most patients don’t qualify for the lower tier pricing.
- The center may be using older technology that will not produce the best results for your unique eyes.
- The doctors performing LASIK may be flown in from out-of-state, so you may not have access to your doctor before and/or after your procedure.
- You may be charged extra fees for services typically covered in the LASIK price.
You won’t find this at Tidewater Eye Centers. We make LASIK affordable without skimping on the quality of our doctors, our technologies or your vision outcomes. Best of all, our doctors live locally and are available to patients at any time.
By choosing Tidewater Eye Centers, we will help you achieve the best vision possible while still giving you the best value.
If you want better vision, the team at Tidewater Eye Centers doesn’t want cost to stand in your way. LASIK vision correction is not typically covered by insurance because it is considered an elective procedure; however, we have several recommendations to help make this an attainable goal for your budget:
- LASIK financing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tax refunds
- Credit cards
We offer 0% financing through CareCredit®. If you qualify, you can have your LASIK procedure with no money down and pay for it over time.
- 0% interest financing for up to 24 months
- Longer term financing options with low interest rates
- Low monthly payments
- No pre-payment penalties
Flexible Spending Accounts for LASIK
If you have access to a Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account, you may be able to set aside pre-tax earnings to save for LASIK and ultimately end up spending less on the overall cost. There are restrictions with these plans regarding the timeframe when the money must be used, so make sure you know all of the specific rules of your plan before enrolling. It is also advised to have a free LASIK Consultation with us prior to enrolling to ensure your eyes are right for the procedure and you know how much it will cost. You don’t want to under or over save and end up losing money.
Tax Refunds for LASIK
Applying your tax refund toward LASIK can be a smart use of this “found” money. Rather than spending it on vacations, electronics or shopping sprees, you will be putting that money toward improving your quality of life through vision correction.
Credit Cards for LASIK
We accept all major credit cards for LASIK.
We also accept cash and personal checks.
Our staff will be happy to help you understand your options when it comes to affording LASIK. Schedule your free LASIK Consultation today.